Types of diapers- Flats
What is it?
How they are used
-The Triangle Fold.
1. Bring corners of the diaper together, forming a triangle.
2. Bring two outside corners together (halving the triangle)
3. Place baby on diaper with the shorter point facing down.
4. Bring the three corners together and secure with pin or pins. (some people can manage to get the pin through all three layers, some need to use two pins. No big deal) You can also use a snappi on this type of fold.
5. Cover with cover, woolie, or wrap.
The Oragami Fold
1. Quarter the diaper (Fold in half twice)
2. With the point of the diaper to the bottom left of the diaper, grab the top-right corner and pull it across till it forms a wide triangle and leaves the bottom-right corner in its square position.
3. Flip the whole thing over, keeping the long side of the triangle at the top of the diaper.
4. Take the square part and fold it over on itself (in a rolling sort of manner) about four times until it makes a thick piece in the middle of the large triangle.
5. Place the baby in the middle.
6. Fold up the front and fold over the two sides (you can fold them in first to make a bit of a squared edge if you wish, but its not necessary) This makes a nice little “pocket” in the back for the capture of poo.
7. Bring the wings over the middle and pin or snappi.
8. Cover with your choice of covers.
Newborn – 19×19 inches(50 cm) ;
Medium – 24×24 inches (60 cm);
Large – 30×30 inches (75 cm).